Summer is when the heat is on and clothes are replaced by bathing suits. Here is some examples of interesting swimsuits.
1. Jaws vs. Little Mermaid Swimsuit
2. The Darkside Swimsuit
3. No word if you can swim in this one, but you definitely can’t lie on your stomach to even out your tan. Despite the suits impracticality it is certainly on-trend. Complete with a studded inflatable ring, this dangerous swimsuit is the creation of Rio Maddison, a fashion student at Northumbria.
4. Vintage Cat Swimsuit by Fiorucci
6. This isn’t just some whimsical, longing nerddream, but an actual one-piece bathing suit. Designed by James Lillis, the “Artoo” is inspired by the distinctive look of beloved astromech droid and fashion icon R2-D2.
7. Tuxedo swimsuit.
8. The Spanish synchronized swimming team in awesome skeleton swimsuits in Rome 2009.
9. Bottle Betty suits have a built in bottle opener on the top and on the bottom that replace the usual swimwear accent pieces, but have the added benefit of opening a bottle. Popping tops will never be the same!
10. Zigzag swimsuit where the tan lines will reveal the designer.
11. This bikini will get you in the mood for summer. Wearing a bikini in which fishes swim will blend in the environment while you are in the water, and give you the desired reactions on the ground. If you get stucked on a desert island without a bikini you can easily make one yourself, provided that you have a couple of plastic bags.
12. This silver bikini has a built-in UV meter. It is meant for all those who take good care not to get burned.
13. The burqa swimsuit was designed by Australian company Ahiida for Muslim women. It aims to “enhance the lifestyle of the active Muslim female” while respecting Muslim values.
14. I have a feeling if you wear this bikini, your iPod isn’t the only thing that’s gonna get all charged up. Andrew Schneider created the solar charging bikini a few years back but now he’s got them in production and ready for sale. Each bikini has a series of flexible photovoltaic strips woven with conductive thread and hooked to a USB connector. Just sit back and grab some sun while your iPod charges up.